We want to provide you with the possibility to match your frames with every occasion and all of your favourite styles, as we know how important it is to be able to change your look at anytime you want. Therefore, we design quality handmade frames at a fair price, €98 and €248 (varifocal), a price that includes prescription lenses. Transparency, best-in-class service and a stellar customer experience are key to our brand philosophy as we continue to make eyewear an accessible accessory for all.
Ace & Tate is always looking for talented people who share our passion for technology. It's an important driver in everything we do. We are now in search of a medior front-end developer to help build our digital store front. Our goal is build a seamless customer experience across all of our digital and physical channels. Together we will be figuring out what the future of retail in the digital world will be.
The mission of this role is to build digital experiences that are a joy to use. As front-end developer you will be involved in the entire web development process, which includes translating UI/UX designs to actual code. Our new technology stack runs in the AWS cloud and is built with a front-end, built with React plus a back-end built in Ruby on rails (Solidus). You will work closely with our UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between visual design and technical implementation. Taking an active role on both sides and defining how the website looks as well as how it works. Speed and responsiveness are key. The position is directly available at the headquarters office in Amsterdam and full-time.
In your role as front-end developer you'll be...
- Working with modern technologies to improve our amazing new website
- Working closely together with the UI/UX designers in our team to keep our design system up to date
- Creating well structured code for the best user experience and maintainability
- Working together with colleagues of all disciplines to create campaigns, improve usability and implement A/B tests.
- Have 4+ years of experience in (front-end) web development
- Are (a bit) OCD and like to keep oversight on the code quality and documentation; make it run smoothly on every screen
- Are a strong team player and love to help others out
- Have an eye for detail and a sense for design
- Are able to empathise with our (online) customers.
- Take initiative and move forward at a steady pace
- Are a fast learner, seeking constant self-improvement.
- Have excellent English and/or Dutch verbal and written communication skills.
- Love experimenting with cutting edge technologies and see how these would fit into our technology stack.
- Experience with version control systems, ideally Git.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc.).
- Experience in structuring the technical (agile) delivery process.
- Experience in Unit testing and/or E2E testing
- Experience with CI/CD.
- Experience across responsive design, performance tuning as well as localisation & accessibility.
Nice to haves...
- Experience with nodejs, server side rendering and webpack
- Experience with AWS and front-end server setup
- Experience in functional programming
- Experience in node package development
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious international team
- The opportunity to push the boundaries for our international footprint
- Personal development and lots of variety in your work
- A broad scope of responsibilities
- A creative office space in Amsterdam with our own bar and beer tap
- Frequent updates to your eyewear collection!
Are you interested and do you recognise yourself in this profile? Please apply via the form below! We look forward to telling you more about our exciting plans.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.